What Buttock Augmentation Options are Available to Me?
If you’re looking to enhance the size and shape of your buttocks, there are 3 augmentation options that you can choose from, each of which has their own pros and cons.
Top 3 Buttock Augmentation Procedures
Option 1: Brazilian Butt Lift
This two-part surgery has grown in popularity in recent years and for good reason. During this procedure, your surgeon will remove fat from other areas of your body such as the abdomen, thighs and hips using liposuction and purify the fat before transferring it into the buttocks using microinjections.
Brazilian butt lift pros
- The Brazilian butt lift provides the most natural-looking results
- Because liposuction is required, patients can remove stubborn fat from other areas of their body such as the abdomen, resulting in a more desirable shape overall
- Unlike implants there is no risk of the fat being rejected because it’s from your own body
- There is also very little risk of complications such as those arising from allergic reactions
- The procedure is minimally invasive and only results in some mild discomfort from the liposuction portion of the surgery
- You will only need 2 weeks to recover from this procedure, which is very short when compared to other types of cosmetic surgery
Brazilian butt lift cons
- Unfortunately, not everyone will be the ideal candidate for this procedure since you need to have excess fat available in other areas of your body. Your surgeon will need at least 4 times the amount of fat that you want to see in your buttocks as some of the fat will be reabsorbed by your body. Brazilian butt lift specialists like Dr Nasser from Verve Cosmetic Clinic recommend that you weigh at least 10kg more than your ideal weight at the time of your surgery
- There is a small chance that your body will reabsorb most of the fat that was injected into your buttocks and transfer it to other areas of your body
Option 2: Butt Implants
In order to achieve a shapelier butt, semi-solid implants will be surgically inserted into each side of your buttocks. The implants are placed on top of the muscle to give a fuller effect.
Butt implant pros
- Butt implants are permanent and can’t be reabsorbed by the body
- Semi-solid implants won’t rupture, reducing the risk of complications
- Anyone is the ideal patient for butt implants
Butt implant cons
- This invasive procedure is painful and is riskier than the Brazilian butt lift
- The fact that patients require anaesthesia adds to the risk of the surgery
- Patients will need 4 – 6 weeks to recover from this procedure
- This is the most expensive way to enhance your buttocks
Option 3: Butt Injections
Butt injections are popular amongst people who are looking to enhance their buttocks without spending a fortune..
Silicone, PMMA and Hydrogel are some of the substances that are injected into the buttocks in order to achieve the required fullness and shape.
Butt injection pros
- The affordability of this procedure is the only benefit
Butt injection cons
- These injections are incredibly risky
- Injecting foreign substances into your body opens you up to a wealth of complications and risks of infection
- Substances such as hydrogel and silicone can travel to other areas of your body, which is very dangerous to your health
Overall, a Brazilian butt lift is the safest, most affordable way to get a sexier butt.